Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

really?

When I rang I was told that there was plenty of stock in!!!???

Did you go for the web n talk normal or plus tarrif? The =A35 off is only
f=
or
3 months though isn't it?

Ho yin

On 08/11/06, David Irwin (Home) <david@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I ordered my Vario II today from the T-Mobile website =96 they would
not
> take
> the order over the phone advising me that the stock was not yet in,
but
> was
> expected in 2-3 days.
>
> I will keep you up to date on proceedings=85
>
> With regards to Web'n'Walk the pro package appears to be =A312.50 now,
bu=
> there are a number of offers on (=A35 discount on the contract cost
for
> FlexT
> deals) which always help.
>
> Dave

allowan=
ce
> capped at =A31 a day usage cost. You are not supposed to use P2P,
VoIP,
> media
> streaming etc on this package, but as far as I know its not actually
> restricted.. just you'll get told off if they find you doing it.
>
> =A310 gets you Web'n'Walk Pro which allows use of the other services
like
> using your phone as a modem for your lappy, Streaming video etc.
>
> To get the 1.8mbps downloads you do need the HSPDA enabled, and this
ins'=
> done of the =A37.50 package (although I hear some people have had it
enab=
led
> by asking customer services nicely). The bigger problem is finding
> somewhere
> that has HSPDA coverage.
>
> BTW, I would take that fact that T-Mobile website shows them as
available
> with a pinch of salt. I ordered mine and when nothing had arrived
after 3
> or
> 4 days, emailed them and was informed it was out of stock. I then got
an
> email a week later to say it would be delivered the next day, which it
> was.
> Of course the contract started on the day I ordered the phone which I
was
> slightly peeved at.
>
> Marcus
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_d%=
40yahoogroups.com>
> ] On Behalf
> Of Ho Yin Ng
> Sent: 08 November 2006 10:16
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_d%40ya=
hoogroups.com>

> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile
>
> I also have been reading on the T-mobile website (which is not very
> detailed) that the web 'n' walk addon for =A37.50 only allows you 1GB
of
> traffic per month. It says if you pay extra
>
> "Pay a little more and you can get all of this plus downloads,
media
> streaming, instant messaging and Voice over IP on your laptop as well
as
> your mobile."
>
> How much extra? and are you allowed more traffic per month?
>
> I have also read that the max speed is 1.8mbps but to get this speed
you
> need them to enable the HSDPA 384k Uplink?
>
> Just been ringing around my local T-mobile stores in London and they
say
> T-mobile is completely out of stock of Vario 2's! so even if I want
one I
> can't get it!
>
> :-(
>
> Ho yin
>
> On 08/11/06, Ho Yin Ng <me@xxxxxxx <me%40hoyin.co.uk>
<mailto:
> me%40hoyin.co.uk>
> <mailto:me%40hoyin.co.uk> > wrote:
> >
> > Neil,
> >
> > Are you saying that you cannot get it to check your email via
pop3 on
> your
> > phone?
> >
> > Currently via GPRS on my current Orange M600 I have it set so it
checks
> my
> > various pop3 mailboxes. However I have set it to not delete the
message=
> on
> > my server until they are deleted from either my phone or laptop -
that
> way
> > can always ensure I have emails retained on my server and
viewable wher=
> > ever I am.
> >
> > I am considering setting up an Exchange 2003 server at home so I
can ge=
> > push email though.
> >
> > Ho yin
> >
> > On 08/11/06, Neil Ball <
neilball@xxxxxxx<neilball%40btopenworl=
d.com>
> <mailto:neilball%
<neilball%25>40btopenworld.com> <mailto:neilball%<neilb=
all%25>
> 40btopenworld.com> >
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've got the Orange M3100 version - my first smartphone -
and am just
> > > getting to grips with it. What are my options for getting
all of my
> mail
> > > accounts onto the phone? I've several Pop3 mail accounts and
would
> > > ideally
> > > like to send & receive mail on the phone but also have
all mail (both
> > > received and sent) on my main laptop. Ideally it needs to be
a simple
> &
> > > robust solution. Any pointers would be gratefully received.
> > >
> > > Neil B.
> > >
> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>]
> > > On Behalf Of
> > > Ian Lowe
> > > Sent: 07 November 2006 22:29
> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

> > > Yup - by a long way.
> > >
> > > I have an exchange 2003 server at home with SP2, so that
gives me
> > > instant
> > > push email - it's as fast as blackberry.
> > >
> > > To be honest, although you can run MSN messenger, jen and I
have foun=
> > > the
> > > push email to be so fast that it's pretty much real time
anyway.

> > > In all seriousness, this phone goes everywhere with me, and
I would