Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

Apparently the stores lie - T-mobile website has plenty in stock with
next
day delivery!

I have one more question though.

Is everyone on the web n walk normal tarrif or the plus tarrif?

Does the normal tarrif block MSN messenger and Skype?

Can anyone guess how much traffic having msn messenger on during the day
would incur?

Once I get a bearing on this I will make my purchase.

Thanks,

Ho yin

On 08/11/06, Ho Yin Ng <me@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I also have been reading on the T-mobile website (which is not very
> detailed) that the web 'n' walk addon for =A37.50 only allows you 1GB
of
> traffic per month. It says if you pay extra
>
> "Pay a little more and you can get all of this plus downloads,
media
> streaming, instant messaging and Voice over IP on your laptop as well
as
> your mobile."
>
> How much extra? and are you allowed more traffic per month?
>
> I have also read that the max speed is 1.8mbps but to get this speed
you
> need them to enable the HSDPA 384k Uplink?
>
> Just been ringing around my local T-mobile stores in London and they
say
> T-mobile is completely out of stock of Vario 2's! so even if I want
one I
> can't get it!
>
> :-(
>
> Ho yin
>
> On 08/11/06, Ho Yin Ng <me@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Neil,
> >
> > Are you saying that you cannot get it to check your email via
pop3 on
> > your phone?
> >
> > Currently via GPRS on my current Orange M600 I have it set so it
checks
> > my various pop3 mailboxes. However I have set it to not delete
the mess=
ages
> > on my server until they are deleted from either my phone or
laptop - th=
at
> > way I can always ensure I have emails retained on my server and
viewabl=
> > where ever I am.
> >
> > I am considering setting up an Exchange 2003 server at home so I
can ge=
> > push email though.
> >
> > Ho yin
> >
> > On 08/11/06, Neil Ball < neilball@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > >   I've got the Orange M3100 version - my first smartphone -
and am
> > > just
> > > getting to grips with it. What are my options for getting
all of my
> > > mail
> > > accounts onto the phone? I've several Pop3 mail accounts and
would
> > > ideally
> > > like to send & receive mail on the phone but also have
all mail (both
> > > received and sent) on my main laptop. Ideally it needs to be
a simple
> > > &
> > > robust solution. Any pointers would be gratefully received.
> > >
> > > Neil B.
> > >
> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:ukha_=
d@xxxxxxx<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>]
> > > On Behalf Of
> > > Ian Lowe
> > > Sent: 07 November 2006 22:29
> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

> > > Yup - by a long way.
> > >
> > > I have an exchange 2003 server at home with SP2, so that
gives me
> > > instant
> > > push email - it's as fast as blackberry.
> > >
> > > To be honest, although you can run MSN messenger, jen and I
have foun=
> > > the
> > > push email to be so fast that it's pretty much real time
anyway.

> > > In all seriousness, this phone goes everywhere with me, and
I would