RE: CAT5 embedded in screed - ok ?

  • Subject: RE: CAT5 embedded in screed - ok ?
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:31:42 -0000

Gareth,

As has been said before the screed will move, with expansion, and could
damage the cable.

Are you laying the screed or getting 'someone in'?

My experience of screeders is that they don't respect any 1st fix items
be it plumbing or wiring... We had 150mm installed by pump and it was a
nervous time...

You may want to protect with steel capping
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Conduit_Steel_Index/Capping_Steel
_Galvanised/index.html

HTH

Nigel