Cable run from meter on outside wall to C/unit

  • Subject: Cable run from meter on outside wall to C/unit
  • From: Colin Leighton <colin.leighton3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:13:18 +0000 (GMT)

Need some help here,but, before I go any further, I feel I need to
inform all the sparks out there that I fully intend to get a qualified
electrician and pay to get my house wiring certified. Also, as far as I am
aware, Part P is not in force in N.Ireland, so, we are still allowed some
freedom.  Anyway, I am wiring my new build myself, because I want to. My
question is, my meter box on outside wall of house & consumer unit
upstairs about 7 mtrs away. What cable is required & what do the regs
say about how to run this cable? ( can I take up inside cavity before being
pumped with insulation, or, do I take inside and track up inside wall?)
Help!!!!