[OT] smtp server? and geovision

  • Subject: [OT] smtp server? and geovision
  • From: Adrian <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:20:35 +0100

Hi all

after some collective knowledge here. I have geovision setup which works=20
fine, I have a perl app running so that when the doorbell is pressed it=20
does 5 consecutive "http gets" of the jpg for the door camera
(from=20
geovisions web server, spaced at a second apart)

what i have found is that the cam file on geovision doesnt appear to=20
update unless its being accessed so the first few images are normally=20
from the last time I accessed the file. - these get written off to be=20
put on a website.

What I had though of doing to get these pictures more reliable is to use=20
the email function of geovision (as this always gives  good images)  but=20
what i dont want to do is send them to my ISP and then retrieve them and=20
then save them to disk

Does anyone know if theres a free(ish) smtp server i could setup up on a=20
local machine (XP) that could receive these emails and extract the jpgs=20
and save off to HD

Or alternaltivly, another suitable option.

thanks in advance

Ade