RE: Anyone UPS's Home Cinema stuff

  • Subject: RE: Anyone UPS's Home Cinema stuff
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:27:51 +0100

Nigel
=20
Must admit i'm looking at the self resetting RCD purely from a personal
angle at present and agree there could be times someone may believe a
circuit is dead - though i'm assuming if a fault occurs its check to see if
its clear and then resets - if the fault lasts longer than milliseconds i
guess it wont reset, as this would indicate a man and a pickaxe still stuck
in the cable etc.
=20
Dont know for sure but will find out when i get one - i've now been
informe=
they are not in the UK yet, but we will be getting one of the first ones to
try (on my house of course). I'll keep you posted when i've tried it out.
=20
I can see a lot of benefits to nuisance tripping problems, and i'm sure if
its 100% safe it could catch on - especially as some developers are going
for 100% RCD coverage of the mains boards rather than split, thus
increasin=
nuisance tripping with lamp failures sometimes taking out RCD's etc.
=20

Dean.

_____=20=20