Re: [OT] Fixing an application to use a specific network adaptor

On Wed, 03 May 2006 13:37:11 +0100, you wrote:

>My laptop is frequently connected to two different networks, usually
one=20
>wired and one wireless.  Certain applications, for example, printers
and=20
>Outlook, should only use one of those adapters, (normally wireless)
or=20
>they won't work.=20
>
>Does anyone know a way to force an application to use one of the two=20
>adapters?  I've tried googling but can't seem to hit on the correct=20
>search terms.

=20

It will rather depend on the details, but this is where routing
would be used.

Are these two networks connected *at the same time*?  If so then
are the network numbers different?  (I hope so!)

It all depends on how you have arranged things, but as a general
statement you control this by setting/not setting the default gateway,
and adding a persistant route (if the target devices are not on the
local network).

Regards,
Harry.
=20=20=20=20