Re: New Build wire recomendation.

Yes, its all below plaster :) Check out
http://www.ccso.co.uk/sb/03Jan2004.html
for some pictures, although I
don't actually have too many pics of the conduit.

[sorry for the long urls, but i can't be bothered to tinyurl all of them :(

http://www.ccso.co.uk/sb/images/viewer/christmas_5.jpg.50.html
shows
the conduit behind the TV area.
http://www.ccso.co.uk/sb/images/viewer/christmas_4.jpg.50.html
shows
how I tackled the problem in the sun room.

All the conduit is terminated in either a 1-gang or 2-gang blanking
plate, so its all very tidy. Most are beside mains sockets, so don't
look out of place.

http://www.ccso.co.uk/sb/images/viewer/inside_36.jpg.50.html
shows the
blanking plate (left side of the door) that my surround sound speaker
cable now comes through

http://www.ccso.co.uk/sb/images/viewer/inside_74.jpg.50.html
shows
another example of an inconspicuous blanking plate (left side beside
the double gang socket

My electrician thought I was mad putting in so much conduit. If
anything, it worked so well that I wish I had put in far more - I
would have put a spare conduit in to every light switch, each
radiator, each door - everything.

If you are careful to mark / remember where the single gang access
points are you don't need blanking plates, just let the plasterers
plaster over them, and break them out when needed - but that takes a
lot of care, and pre-planning

Hope that helps, if I can answer any other questions please just ask.

Simon (living in a house almost built out of conduit ;)

On 03/05/06, christopher purves <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the conduit hidden? - my wife freiked when I installed some in the
> utility room that was on show!!!
>
> Chris
>

> >From: "Simon McCaughey" <simonmcc@xxxxxxx>
> >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] New Build wire recomendation.
> >Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:28:00 +0100
> >
> >You will probably never get it right. What I did to try to
mitigate
> >the risk was installed no cable at all.
> >
> >I just installed conduit, but conduit that I could access from the
> >attic (yes I do have a 2 storey house;)
> >
> >Now I have at least 2 conduits into each room (opposite corners)
into
> >which I can push/pull fibre/coax/FTP/UTP whatever. Working very
well
> >so far!
> >
> >Get the kango out, and the conduit in!
> >
> >Simon
> >
> >On 03/05/06, nicecorrado <gormleyd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I am at the 1st fix stage of my new build. I am going with
Cbus for