RE: New Build wire recomendation.

  • Subject: RE: New Build wire recomendation.
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:29:24 +0000

You won't go too wrong running a couple of UTP and a single STP (vga
baluns
like these) next to each cbus switch location for audio/house control. This
would suit the Russound system (and a few others) and allow for a
touchscreen in the future too. Wire simple speaker cable into your ceilings
all back to node 0. This retains maximum flexibility for the future. I
would
suggest at least 6 runs of cat5 per room maybe 4 runs to 2 corners would be
better if you can manage it. We ran 2 rg6 to every room and a few extra to
the main viewing room.

I know its hard but try to think where tv's and desks will go and run extra
to those points and also to where you main phone will be coming in. So far
we have had to add an extra 12 runs of cat5 (retrofit) and am adding
another
6 in a couple of weeks because I didn't think where our bed was going and
the cat5 points are no where near (for phone etc).

If you have a utility room you might want extra there as our boiler / gas
meter / air con are now wired up.

Also don't forget to wire for your alarm / heat / smoke sensors too.

Chris