RE: X10 - The Next Generation

> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1685.html

Quite interesting these - and seems like they are going to be available at
really low prices from Lets.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of hacking the modules open, and building
them into, oh.. the base of a lamp for instance.

I would certainly have thought twice about wiring up a forty quid LD11 to
attach to a =A320 IKEA lamp, but a =A314 module - especially one that's
com=
pact
and manufactured using modern components rather than the "look at it
funny
and it breaks" X10 modules.

Given that these things seem to be designed with a lot more signal
filtering/processing than the old modules, I'm wondering if they will
remov=
a lot of the issues with X10.

It's never going to be as fast as EIB/CBus, but these guys might just give
X10 new legs.

Ian.