RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti

  • Subject: RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:40:52 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Nigel Giddings wrote:

> caused by suppliers with less than perfect after sales. It would seem
> clipsal are nervous of letting inexperienced people loose with their
> product.

It is a reasonable reaction when one considers the relative complexity of
installation and commissioning of such intelligent light and control
systems.

> However, people will think twice about buying a product with a 50 -
100%
> premium because of the manufacturers policies adopted in country.

Presumably you are referring to retail prices but even that have smaller
maximum markups than suggested. The vast majority of our sales are to
trade and trade prices are generally comparable to what's been advertised
in Australia. Obviously, that is not much consolation if someone doesn't
qualify for discounts.

> I would suggest availability of this type of equipment 'ex-stock' is
not
> a high priority, a 4 week delivery time would be acceptable as most
jobs
> are planned far in excess of this. A quick repair/replacement process
is
> important but that is a different issue.

I would agree that, in theory, a reasonable lead-time should be planned
for. However, in reality, people's expectations are different and are
often unwilling to wait. We've supplied to a number of reasonably large
projects on a same-day basis before.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx