RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti

  • Subject: RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:04:42 +0100

You may well find that electrical wholesalers of "standard"
Clipsal items
know very little of the CBus range and probably don't have pricing to hand
either. Certainly I wouldn't expect them to hold stock. Simply put its not
items sold regularly over the counter. Most people using/installing this
kit
probably don't buy it too regularly (i.e. 2-3 times per week) and would be
asking for technical support that counter staff are unlikely to be able to
give.

We find the service and support from the CBus Shop to be excellent. Better
than any other supplier of such items. They aim to keep stock of all the
usual bits various installers ask for and respond positively to all
requests
we put to them for non stock items. So for product availability and before
&
after sales support, I strongly recommend the CBus Shop (from our
experience).

Of course there's the question of the pricing... which was what started
this
discussion. I too wish the UK CBus prices were cheaper as I know we could
sell a lot more of it if Clipsal reduced their prices. Unfortunately the
prices seem very unlikely to fall unless the demand reduces significantly.
That said every reseller/distributor has to decide at what level to sell
the
product to be able to cover all their own costs.

Stephen