Re: SKY + Time change problems...

  • Subject: Re: SKY + Time change problems...
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:45:50 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@...>
wrote:

> I wonder if anyone else has had a problem today with their SKY+ box
> locking up...
>=20
> Noticed that after the clocks changed programs showed times that were
> wrong by an hour.
>=20

Hi Nigel,

Didnt have the box lock up but tonight I noticed that programs to be=20
recorded in the planner seemed to be out of cronological order.

Then I noticed that for three of the programs the time was also wrong.=20
Each of the three was showing a time one hour earlier than it should.

I tried a power cycle but the time remained the same. Decided to leave=20
it to see what would happen as I wasnt worried about losing the first=20
one as it was the repeat of "The Apprentice". (For some reason my
SKY+=20
insists on changing itself to recording the repeat DESPITE me telling=20
it to do the first showing on Wednesday!!!)

I was using the cursor keys to see what was on the other channels and=20
noticed that it showed for BBC2 that it was going to record The=20
Apprentice at 7pm despite the planner showing it at 6pm. It seems to=20
have recorded it OK.

I am seriously unimpressed with SKY+. The EPG is garbage and it failed=20
to record a program due to a "clash". The reason for the clash...
SKY+=20
adding its padding to the end of a recording. Why I was annoyed...=20
BOTH programs were consecutive programs on the SAME channel :(

I have also had a problem a couple of times with a program that always=20
starts about 5 minutes late, we select it from the planner and wizz=20
through the tail end of the previous program and the adverts until the=20
start of the program and press play.

Program plays... BUT NO AUDIO.

Backup. Select "Last Viewed" from planner, then plays with audio.

Remote control keeps forgetting the codes for controlling the TV. Yes=20
I know there are better remote controls available but if you see how=20
they get treated in this house there is no way a decent remote would=20
survive.

I have had more trouble with SKY+ since November than I have had with=20
TiVo in the 3 or 4 years that I have had it (whenever the Powerhouse=20
=A399 deal was!)

Keith