Latest message you have seen: Suppliers of LinkUSB 1-wire controller ?

Re: CBus v Flexidim

Lighting and heating are part of the infrastructure of a building so
when I think of those 2 items I would rather use as
mainstream/reliable as possible, as I do also look at the possible
future saleability.
Clipsal are well known and CBus is a quality product and also reliable.
I basically went with CBus because of the quality of the components
and liked the switches especially.
The flexdim rather look like the Rako ones - which I've seen in the
flesh and is just not the same quality at all.
I also looked at Lutron - but too expensive.

On 21/03/06, Stephen Jones <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone here looked much into comparing CBus & Flexidim?
>
> The Flexidim kit is cheaper and if you don't want integration with
other
> systems it seems to be a pretty descent cheaper option to CBus, but
still
> giving most of the functionality.
>
> http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/GuideToLighting.asp?Cat1=49
>
> I don't see much on the SimplyAutomate site pointing out the downsides
of
> Flexidim compared to CBus, but surely there are some?
>
> Some ppl I meet def do not like the look of the Neo switches and
aren't too
> fussed on the Saturns either, and actually prefer the look of the
Flexidim
> kit.
>
> And one thing that sounded good was that the Flexidim kit has a User
> Configuration Utility - http://www.jclighting.com/page11.html.
Allowing the