Latest message you have seen: Happy New Year - Oh and MediaPC Display

Re: Fw: Sub output - T&E or STP ?

Gareth,

I'm no expert (as you've probably gathered ;-)  ) but I recall that
badly installed STP can be worse than UTP. Have you got STP RJ45 plugs
or are you going to...ahem...fix it direct to phono plugs? I'd be
tempeted to use one pair only and put the "tip" of the phono to
one
core (either the solid or the stripe) and the "outer" to the
other. At
least that way you get the benefit of the twist of the pair.

Put in UTP run and one STP, and see which is better? Or whether
there's any noticable difference for your environment?

Cheers,

Tim.