Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Logitech_Squeezebox_Boom_-_=A350_Off_(Expires_Soon)?=

Re: 110V equpipment with IEC sockets - How to protect ag ainst UK 240V mains

Having fried a few PC power supplies that way I simply resorted to
lots of masking tape and "VOLTS!!!" written in large red letters
over
the 3 corners where the socket was. Not ideal, but...

A more drastic alternative might be to put a couple of drops of
superglue on each side of the IEC lead so that it's not _easy_ to pull
out, but you can still take it out if you need to. If the other end is
a US plug then you can tell from the lead what volts it needs. Again,
not ideal though...

Colour coding? Make the 240V cables all black (strictly it's blue for
240V IIRC), and get some lurid yellow cables for 110V? Yellow dabs of
paint by/on the IEC socket on the equipment?

HTH,

Tim.

On 3/16/06, White, Peter <peter.white@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> My last office had a 'twisted pin' circuit to show which sockets were
UPS
> protected; basically one of the pins, probably the neutral, was turned
> through 90 degrees.  However, there must be another name for them, as
Google

)