Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Pronto Codes for NAD T785 Amplifier

Geovision Version 8.0 software

  • Subject: Geovision Version 8.0 software
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:35:31 -0000

All those interested in or have Geovision systems may be interested in
the =
new release of software...

Paul.=20

=A0

GeoVision Ready to Release Version 8.0
- New GUI, New Features, New Technological Convergence=20

=A0
Version 8.0 is the next major innovation to the GeoVision surveillance
syst=
em features and functions. It contains over 100 significant features and
en=
hancements developed for new hardware and comprehensive surveillance
needs.=
This new version can=A0make your digital surveillance system run even smar=
ter and lead=A0the market trend. We have tens of essential features for
you=
to look for in the innovation version. You may go through the major featur=
es in this newsletter for a start of the exciting changes in the version
8.=
0.=20
=A0
Also see our announcements for new warranty policy, and new action to
under=
line our resolution to fight against piracy cards.=20
=A0
Avoiding Illegal GV-Series Software
To avoid illegal use of GeoVision software, make sure your:=20
1. GeoVision cards are manufactured in Taiwan . GeoVison products are only
=
manufactured in Taiwan , NEVER in other countries or in China , as some
sel=
lers may claim.

2. GeoVision NEVER authorizes any OEM production of the video capture
cards=
, as some may claim being the "OEM factory" for GeoVision
cards.=20

3. GeoVision software is only authorized and legal to use on video
captures=
cards manufactured by GeoVision. Claiming your video capture card is compa=
tible with any of the GV-series software may risk you to copyright
infringe=
ment.=20

=A0
Warranty Period Extended to Three Years=20
Effective March 15, 2006, all GV-series video captures cards are extended
t=
o three years of warranty. Check with your sales for terms and conditions
a=
pplied.
=A0
New Hardware Support=20
1. GV-COM Box
The GV-Com is a downsize version that is going to replace the current box
v=
ersion GV-NET and GV-HUB. Functioning the same way as GV-NET and GV-HUB,
th=
e GV-COM provides one RS-232/RS-485 serial port through computer's USB
port=
. The plug and play USB solution for serial port extension is perfect for
m=
obile instrumentation and POS applications.

2. GV-Data Capture V2E
The V2E version is the network version of GV-Data Capture V2, the POS data
=
capture. It features an additional Ethernet port to integrate POS systems
(=
cash registers) and GV-Systems through LAN. The GV-Data Capture V2E not
onl=
y connects up to 16 POS systems and cash registers to one GV-System, it
pro=
vides a greater range of POS deployments, overcoming the distance limit of
=
RS-232 or RS-485 cables.=20

3. GV-WT=20
The GV-WT serves as an interface between GV-System and the current card
rea=
der and access control system in use by intercepting Wiegand card reader
si=
gnals and interpreting them into GV-System and access control system. With
=
the GV-WT, you can right away upgrade your current security system to a
pow=
erful video surveillance access control system.=20
=A0
Add-On Applications
=A0
=A0
1.=A0 Control Center =A0

=A0=A0
The GV-Control Center is a central monitoring station (CMS) solution that
p=
rovides the CMS operator with five major features, including access to
clie=
nt DVRs, access to remote desktops, access to remote playback, and display
=
of up to 64 cameras from different DVRs on the same screen, and central
man=
agement for I/O devices from different DVRs.=20
Control Center Interface=20
=A0
It can run efficiently to reduce the management cost and is suitable
for=A0=
chain stores, ATM control center, office buildings and condos.=20

=A0
2. Fast Backup and Restore Solution=20
With the Fast Backup and Restore (FBR) solution, you can change interface
s=
kin, customize group features to suit personal preference, as well as back
=
up and restore your configurations in Main System. It gives flexibility
for=
installers and saves them plenty of time in configuring multiple DVRs.=20
=A0

=A0
=A0
New Silver GUI

=A0
3. IT Security=20
SSL: =A0The new version provides advanced data transmission=A0security
when=
you access to Webcam monitoring.=20
Authentication Server: In version 8.0, the Authentication Server provides
E=
vent Log for you to monitor the server activities and the connection
proble=
m, and to edit an IP white list to limit access to the Server.=20
=A0
Main System Operation

The comprehensive list of all features in previous and current releases is
=
also available in the GV-Series System Features Guide.=20
=A0
1. New Codec Geo H264 and Geo MPEG-4 ASP=20
As video compression is the key factor in the quality for digital video
ima=
ges, GeoVision=A0continues to develop=A0advanced video codec with much
smal=
ler compressed file size than previous Geo MPEG4, yet without compromising
=
the image quality.=20

2. Privacy Mask
The Privacy Mask can block out=A0sensitive areas from view, covering the
ar=
eas with dark boxes in both live view and recorded clips. This feature is
i=
deal for locations with display, keyboard sequences (e.g. passwords), and
f=
or anywhere else you do not want sensitive information visible.

3. Scene Change Detection=20
The Scene Change Detection can detect when a camera has been tampered
physi=
cally. This feature can generate an alert whenever someone or something
has=
covered the lens of the camera, or when the camera has been moved, or when=
it is out of focus.

4. Advanced Motion Detection=20
To avoid false motion detection, the Advanced Motion Detection feature
prov=
ides three solutions for wide and outdoor surveillance environment. It
crea=
tes up to 5 levels of motion detection sensitivity in one region, masks
off=
unwanted zones from monitoring, and ignores motion when the light conditio=
n is poor.

5. Hard Disk Calculator=20
The Hard Disk Calculator lets you be a smarter DVR user. Before actual
reco=
rding, the Hard Disk Calculator allows you to know the required hard disk
s=
pace and frame size for different types of codec and quality.

6. POS Live View=20
The POS Live View can display transaction data in a separate window
instead=
of overlaying data on the main screen. It features fast access to transact=
ion data without opening System Log.=20

7. DSP Spot Monitor Controller=20
The Controller integrates the GV-DSP Card with spot monitor (TV monitor)
ap=
plications. It allows screen divisions on the spot monitor differently
from=
the main screen. You may define the channel sequence of the display screen=
and adjust video images on the spot monitor.

8. Object Monitor Enhancements=20
Three enhanced features are added to the Object Monitor. Embed alarm
region=
into recorded video: helps you to easily find out suspicious events at rec=
orded files; live disable alarm region: allows you to close the flashing
al=
ert box after an unattended or a missing object is detected; and luminance
=
change detection.

9. System Idle Protection=20
This feature allows the administrator to work on the system without the
wor=
ry of logout or leaving the system not recording anymore. It can
automatica=
lly logout the administrator, login a user with no access rights and/or
sta=
rt recording.

10. Pre-Recording Using HDD=20
Version 8.0 provides a pre-record of up to 45 minutes by using the hard
dis=
k as a buffer. You can choose RAM or Hard Disk as a pre-recording buffer.
R=
AM can save smaller pre-record from 1 second to 90 seconds, while the hard
=
disk can save larger one from 1 minute to 45 minutes.=20

11. Flexible Round-the-Clock Recording=20
The round-the-clock recording is a space-saving solution in the new
version=
. You can specify the maximum frame rate for non-motion periods, so as to
s=
ave as much disk space as possible.=20

12. Instant Playback=20
Instant playback is a leap in the previous video playback function.
Version=
8.0 gives you instant access to suspicious video clips as soon as you swit=
ch to ViewLog or System Log, without the need of stopping monitoring
functi=
on. No further playback application (e.g. ViewLog) is needed. You can also
=
instantly trace events of a certain time length of 10/30/60 /300 seconds.

13. Time Merge=20
In order to accurately reflect your recording status, version 8.0 offers a
=
time merge option in the Save AVI File feature to export a full-length
vide=
o with recorded and non-recorded periods. The non-recorded period will
disp=
lay a blank blue to distinguish from recorded period.=20
=A0
Advanced I/O Applications=20
Version 8.0 adds several new features for I/O applications, helping you
int=
egrate your surveillance systems with I/O device smartly and conveniently.=
=20
=A0
1. Latch Trigger=20
Instead of a constant output alarm, the Latch Trigger option provides a
mom=
entary alarm, and allows you to set the alarm duration. This feature will
b=
e useful for security centers to set up alarms for normal mode and
emergenc=
y mode.=A0=20
=A0
2. Keeping Last Toggle Status=20
This feature can memorize the current output state when the monitoring is
s=
topped or the system is restarted.=20
=A0
3. Detecting Input State=20
This feature can monitor all inputs for a change of state whenever you
star=
t I/O monitoring. Any change from the defined I/O setting can activate an
a=
larm condition, e.g. a warning light or buzzer.
=A0
4. I/O Enable Setting=20
You can manually arm or disarm any I/O devices without interrupting the
mon=
itoring. With this feature, you can turn off the triggered output while
let=
ting the system keep on recording and I/O monitoring.=20
=A0
5. Advanced I/O Panel=20
The Advanced I/O Panel provides a centrally managing solution for I/O
devic=
es installed across a wide area. It simplifies the process of configuring
a=
nd managing many I/O devices. Its major features include trigger I/O
device=
s without starting I/O monitoring, group I/O devices for cascade triggers,
=
monitor different I/O cascade configurations at different times of the
day,=
and a quick I/O access by a quick link window.=20

=A0
Webcam Remote Surveillance
1. 3G Mobile Support =A0=20
Version 8.0 support 3G remote surveillance feature, allowing you to stream
=
video and audio on your 3G-enabled mobile phone.=20
=A0
2. Auto Port Mapping by UPnP=20
Webcam Server now supports UPnP technology (Universal Plug and Play) to
all=
ow automatic port configuration to your router.=20
For more details about version 8.0 product features and upgrades, and GV
pr=
oducts warranty policy, please contact your Sales representatives, or
write=
to us at Sales Inquiry.=20
=A0