Re: Tax Rebate for Green Households

I'm certainly interested in this - we've just moved into a house with
1/2 inch loft insulation and no cavity wall insulation.

Got a quote done before Christmas which came back as:

=A3130.00 loft insulation
=A3130.00 cavity wall insulation

They'd had some problems getting funding because apparently national
companies aren't putting the money into the grant pot that makes it
cheaper. Accordingly, I got a phone call from them yesterday to say
the prices are now:

=A3280.00 loft insulation
=A3180.00 cavity wall insulation

I'd be interested in finding out how much British Gas are charging for
theirs!!??!! Shame our local Council (Chelmsford) isn't yet signed up!

On 14/03/06, Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
off thei=
> council tax if they install energy-saving fixtures....A home-owner
must
> install subsidised cavity wall insulation through British Gas before
they
> can apply for the council tax reduction."
>
> 1. There are a lot of people who already have cavity wall insulation
so
> would be excluded from the "offer"
>
> 2. There are a lot of people in older properties (me included) who
have
> solid walls with no cavity so how the hell can we fill a non existant
voi=
> with insulation ???
>
> 3. Council tax is worked out on the amount of money that a council
needs =
> operate its services for the year. If people adopting the scheme get
thei=
rs
> ?100 less than those who are not eligable then the people not
eligable w=
ill
> have to pay extra to ensure the council still gets their money. A bit
lik=
> how they add a chunk of money to all bills to cover those who dont
pay. O=