Re: Can any electric genius pass their eyes over this please ? Thermostat Q

Hi Gareth

Ok had a quick read and to me it appears the pilot outputs are 240v....The
specs on page 4 state
Pilot wire Output...60mA per output / 230VCA......should be  (240VAC) I
think a misprint....

> Im struggling to get to grips with exactly what load the
"pilot" wire
> takes , which allows the TH134 to control multiple rooms. Handy Heat
say
> 12v, but Im sure this manual says 240 but over 18AWG cable (isnt CAT5
> 22awg ??)

Yes it appears to switch 240v .....BUT... you would need to confirm this on
the bench....

Im guessing that each Room Thermostat that you mentioned has a 240v relay
which can switch the current to the floor mats (im assuming they are
240vac).......If they do have a 240v relay then the pilot wire would
control
the coil of the relay......I would NOT switch 240v using cat5 cable....

> At the end of the day, I'd like to NOT have a TH134 and use either
Comfort
> or CBUS relays to do the timing portion. I'll leave temp reading
alone.

So are you saying that the Intelligent thermostat can maintain the temp but
only if Comfort says it ok to turn ON....????...If so then you need to wire
the pilot outputs via relay contacts controlled by comfort and then to the
room stats ......If this is the case then i would suggest using Omron
relays
i mentioned to John Benfield only you would require 12v coils...Bellow is
the part numbers for the bases and 240v coil version from RS
Components.........

single pole relay base   353-944
single pole 240v relay   353-865

double pole relay base  353-966