From: Quinten Uijldert=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:22 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] [ADVERT] FS: 480Gb DIY NAS/Fileserver

I've recently "downgraded" to a 250Gb Linkstation, and finally
moved all =
my
files to it, so now I've got my old fileserver spare.

It consists of a Intel P3-800Mhz CPU with 256Mb RAM and 3x 160Gb HDDs, al=
contained in HDD caddies for easy access and all housed in a case.  The
caddies aren't the most expensive ones and make a racket of noise when yo=
power the PC up, but the sound dies out when it's warmed up after 1 or 2
minutes.  I've always wanted to disconnect the fans inside the caddies to
get rid of the noise, but never actually done it.  There is one empty cad=
die
left for even more space.

It's running FreeNAS (http://www.freenas.org) as it's OS which
works real=
ly
well and is (as the name suggests) free!  All you need to do is change th=
IP (defaulted to 192.168.0.66/24) using a monitor and a keyboard attached
and then you can remove the monitor and keyboard and manage it through th=
web interface.  I'll help you going once delivered and installed if that'=
required.

I've got a few pictures of the thing here:
http://www.awooga.nl/gallery/v/toys/nas/

There is no way I am going to split any of this, so please do not ask.  I=
'm
looking for =A3150 collected from either Aylesbury or London Docklands.  =
prefer collection as it is one heavy box, but I do have sensible packagin=
if it needs to posted.  The postage will be at cost on top of it, estimat=
ed
to be between =A311 and =A315 depending on service.

Q.

Improvement=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Servic=
e.=20