Re: [OT] XBMC AVI Playback

On 07/03/06, Nigel Giddings <nigel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Neil, Simon,
>
> I use an Xbox with XBMC (an old version) and have had problems like
you
> describe in the past, in fact up until this afternoon.
>
> My problem was caused by issues on the LAN, specifically poor CAT5e
> suffering water ingress. This was made worse some time ago by mixing
> hubs and switches.

OK, after investigation this seems to be a network issue, or more
accurately an issue with sharing on one PC on my network.

Media streams perfectly from my normal PC, but the PC I use for
geovision, and have been using for streaming (flawlessly) to the
showcenter will not stream to XBMC.... any ideas as to what could be
wrong?

It is a PIII 900 machine, with geovision running, typically runs at
about 12% CPU, not much else running. The system disk is 30Gb, and
that's where geovision records to. I have a 250Gb media disk attached
to the other IDE channel, this is shared for streaming to the XBOX.

When I take the disk out, and plug it into a usb-ide converter, and
usb into my main PC, it streams 100% to XBMC.... - I'm confused....
any suggestions, even for what to try?

Thanks

Simon