RE: [OT] XBMC AVI Playback

  • Subject: RE: [OT] XBMC AVI Playback
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:17:49 -0000

Neil, Simon,

I use an Xbox with XBMC (an old version) and have had problems like you
describe in the past, in fact up until this afternoon.

My problem was caused by issues on the LAN, specifically poor CAT5e
suffering water ingress. This was made worse some time ago by mixing
hubs and switches.

Today I replaced 100+m of CAT5e with proper external cable (expensive).
This has cleared all the problems. I now have 100m of cable from the
XBox to a switch then another 100+ metres to a second switch and then
the TiVo / Samba share PC.

My problem could be seen by using the info button on the remote during
play, the cache was always hovering around the 0%. Now it ramps up to
78% within the first minute of play...

HTH

Nigel