RE: Re: XBox problems

  • Subject: RE: Re: XBox problems
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:02:25 -0500

It's actually a f'load easier if you have an X3 chip...

The x3 chip comes with a utility that allows you to specify the filename
of the program that you want to load as a dashboard.  It even allows you
to specify a full path to the file name.

So, if your xbmc.xbe is located here:
C:/apps/XBMC/xbmc.xbe

Then set your boot drive to c: and your bios name to /apps/xbmc/xmbc.xbe

Then go to X3 Config Live -> Configure X3 Bios -> Autostart to X3
Config
Live = Disabled.

The system should boot directly to XBMC.

If you want to get back to config live to change something (if it
doesn't work) hold down the white button on a wired controlled attached
to port 1 while booting the xbox.

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.