Re: RS232

The last PC I bought has only USB and ethernet ports - no serial or
parallel
in sight!
No parallel I can live with as my laser printer also has ethernet, but I
need to resort to the USB-serial dongles for a couple of devices. I'm using
an old bulky Belkin one at the moment - seems ok so far...

Tim.

On 3/2/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tim -
>
> thanks ... sounds plausible !   I'm looking to buy somthing to run
'XP,
> and was thinking about my options ... serial connects are going out of
> fashion !
>
> Chris
>

> Tim Hawes wrote:
>
> > Chris,
> >
> > EIB used to have the same dislike of USB-Serial converters - the
bit I
> > read on one of the websites stated it was a "timing"
issue or
> > something or other. The EIB lot have now brought out a direct USB
> > adaptor so no more need for serial.
> >
> > Have you tried a different USB-Serial adaptor, or more
specifically