Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

RE: Node 1 -> Node 0 : What other cables can I add ?

  • Subject: RE: Node 1 -> Node 0 : What other cables can I add ?
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:19:38 +0100

> >From Node 1 so far, I cabled for :
>  - 4 x CAT 6 (for MCE PC, Netgem iPlayer and spares)

I have around 16 CAT5s in our AV room.  Have you run some to the celing for
a projector (for now or in the future). PIRs, Curtain Control, Phone
sockets
etc.

>  - Telephone Wire (for Sky Box)

You not using same cable for everything?

>  - Sky Cable (for Loftbox dsitribution)

Will Sky box be in N0 or N1?  If in N1 run extra CT100 for Sky+ upgrade in
the future.

>  - 6 core alarm cable (for Xantech IR distrubution. Possible
> integration with Comfort)

Again you could just use CAT5/6 for this.

The oldest rule here still applies, thing of everything your MIGHT need
cables for, then double it.

Good luck with the install - any photos?

M.