RE: [OT] HD LCD TV - 26" recommendations?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] HD LCD TV - 26" recommendations?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:46:09 +0100

"Properly" is quite easy to define ... When "properly"
set up a display
produces colours that are accurate (i.e. contain the right mix of colours
i=
the right proportions) and the relative balance of those colours doesn't
change with varying intensity/brightness.

In that way whatever is displayed on the screen is what the camera saw (or
the producer wants you to see) - no green faces or washed out mega-white
shirts!

The TV "testcards" you see broadcast increasingly rarely nowadays
actually
do have a purpose and that is generally not to ident the station
particularly (although they often do) but are mainly to ensure that things
are actually set up correctly and properly calibrated "down the
line" as it
were ... Have a read of
http://www.pembers.freeserve.co.uk/Test-Cards/#Colour
and you'll see what I
mean.

Phil

tweaking,=20
> what does=20

engineering=20
> menu, and it's=20
> > > > >

> > > The "average" purchaser ends up with exactly what
thay=20
> paid for....
> > >
> > > a TV in a box from a box shifter.
> > >
> > > Before the advent of the box shifters, TVs were more=20
> expensive but=20
> > > you bought them from a proper "TV Dealer" who
knew=20
> exactly what they=20
> > > were selling. Once you decided on the TV you wanted you
would go=20
> > > home. The dealer would then turn up in a van and install=20
> your TV for=20
> > > you ensuring it was properly set up and they would also=20
> show you how=20
> > > to operate it.
> > >
> > > If you can still find a TV dealer then you can still do=20
> that but the
> > price
> > > will be higher than the same TV from Comet etc.
> > >
> > > Alternatively you can take the other option suggested by
Phil and