Re: Poor Sky reception yesterday / last night

What satellite does Sky use ? When I looked at pickingup Eutelsat for
our place, at 54degN, I needed an 1100 dish & planning permission ...

Chris

Nigel Giddings wrote:

>Tim,
>

>I have been experiencing similar symptoms.
>

>I do have a problem with Trees, One of my dishes with a quad LNB is
80cm and I am located in London. I have a small gap between some trees
which attenuates the signal. The larger dish compensates for this but I
still have issues in Heavy Rain.

>However, like you I have experienced signal problems on Sunny days as
well, typically late afternoon onwards?

>The second dish is a standard small sky dish (38cm?) on a chimney in a
different part of the garden. It does suffer attenuation during the summer
when trees come into leaf but again this has been worse recently late
afternoon on Sunny days.

>Speaking to a friend who installs these he thinks the LNBs are
suffering from heat, I have a slate roof and the dish is in an exposed
position? This would follow how the LNB would heat during the day, I bet it
gets pretty hot?

>The problem shows up as break ups on an ordinary sky box connected to
TiVo. The 80cm dish is connected to Sky+ which becomes unusable causing
picture freezing and reboots !