RE: Poor Sky reception yesterday / last night

  • Subject: RE: Poor Sky reception yesterday / last night
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:49:42 +0100

Tim,

=20

I have been experiencing similar symptoms.

=20

I do have a problem with Trees, One of my dishes with a quad LNB is 80cm
an=
d I am located in London. I have a small gap between some trees which
atten=
uates the signal. The larger dish compensates for this but I still have
iss=
ues in Heavy Rain.

=20

However, like you I have experienced signal problems on Sunny days as
well,=
typically late afternoon onwards=85

=20

The second dish is a standard small sky dish (38cm?) on a chimney in a
diff=
erent part of the garden. It does suffer attenuation during the summer
when=
trees come into leaf but again this has been worse recently late afternoon=
on Sunny days.

=20

Speaking to a friend who installs these he thinks the LNBs are suffering
fr=
om heat, I have a slate roof and the dish is in an exposed position=85
This=
would follow how the LNB would heat during the day, I bet it gets pretty h=
ot=85=20

=20

The problem shows up as break ups on an ordinary sky box connected to
TiVo.=
The 80cm dish is connected to Sky+ which becomes unusable causing picture =
freezing and reboots !

=20

HYPERLINK "http://photos.corbenic.co.uk/photos/photo144.html"http://photos.=
corbenic.co.uk/photos/photo144.html