RE: PAL Slingbox on Sale in the UK!

  • Subject: RE: PAL Slingbox on Sale in the UK!
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 00:07:21 +0100

DSL Max comes in two flavours - standard or premium (some ISP's call
it hom=
e and office). The main difference is upload speeds - standard is 448Kbps
a=
nd office is 832Kbps (max speeds - your speeds may vary depending on
qualit=
y of connection and distance from exchange).

I have 3 x Max DSL Office connections bonded giving 2Mbps upload !!!! It
ro=
cks! Downstream MLPPP isn't working properly though as I only get
4-5-6Mbps=
data throughput which is the same as a single line (all sync at 8Mbps) - s=
till pursuing this one with my ISP.

I'm with UKFSN who resell for Enta Net - www.ukfsn.org

=A325 per month per line + line rental BT costs etc. Still works out only
s=
lightly more expensive than my old Eclipse 2Mbps office subscription but
SI=
GNIFICANTLY faster although there is a cap (135Gb peak and 900Gb off-peak
w=
ith 3 lines bonded). I'm using the free stuff junction bonded CD router -
b=
asically a pre-built Linux configuration that works with multiple DSL
lines=
to give true MLPPP (multi link PPP) - and runs on slow, old kit :)

Paul.

Curry'=