Latest message you have seen: Fw: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

Re: [OT] Budget Laptop Advice

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/1154041/wo/1k0KWPE7T1lQ2FbIPR4PJbZ4pVK/0.PSLID?mco=F8459464&nclm=MacBook

would be my recommendation, especially if iyt needs to be easy to use &
able to do domestic as well as work things ...

Chris

Shaf Ali wrote:

>Just visited tottenham court road to get a look and feel for current
laptops and boy am I confused !

>Typically I am trying to help a relative buy a laptop and her budget is
around the 400-700 (possibly 800 mark).

>Weight is the issue and we're looking at around 2kgs or less - I've
never looked at this pricerange before and there is way TOO MUCH to choose
from albeit mostly rubbish.

looking @ one of the Toshibas - will visit the Dell site shortly.

>For me personally I don't have a clue as I have never bought a laptop
over the 1.4kg mark (vaio 505 being my first) and ultra portables are so
easy to choose.