RE: [OT] [slightly] Latching plug-in RCD

  • Subject: RE: [OT] [slightly] Latching plug-in RCD
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:20:26 +0100

Steve,

=20

I take it you have a Consumer unit with an RCD fitted, probably with a
300m=
A trip?

=20

Is it set up for split load separating lights, and other fixed loads, and
o=
nly protecting the ring-mains with the RCD?

=20

Depending on your competence and if space is available in the Consumer
unit=
you may want to use an RCBO with a 30mA trip in place of the ring main MCB=
this would then trip before the main 300mA RCD, in fact you could use RCBO=
s for each of the circuits you want to protect although this can get
expens=
ive=85

=20

An example here HYPERLINK "http://tinyurl.com/gr3hm"http://tinyurl.com/gr3h=