Re: Ultrasonic range finder - BULK BUY?

Hi Guys

Just got an update from Gerry thought some might be interested.....Hes
thinking of getting pcbs manufactured  but would need to  sell around 50 to
make it worthwhile.......Below is his latest update....If people are
interested i will try and put the files (protocol + schematic) in the files
section of UKHA_D......

HTH
Frank

Thought you might be interested in the status of the maxbotix hardware.

I have successfully implemented the software UART with 100% success.  The
firmware is now correctly measuring things and reporting only changes.

I've tested the polled, periodic, triggered (w different trigger values)
and
inclusive range reporting modes.  I still need to test exclusive range.

I've tested the unit with 3 maxbotix sensors attached and each is correctly
tracked and changes are detected/sent virtually instantaneously.

The protocol has firmed up and is substantially the same as what we
exchanged,
though some additional options and reshuffling of report codes was done.
Added were the inclusive/exclusive report mode and the ability to control
which reports you are sent fro each sensor (range change reports, value
change
reports and "simple" range reports (in or out)).

I've included the current protocol document and a schematic of the sensor
controller board.  That board can be a lot simpler if using only one sensor
(drop the resistor and all diodes), so don't let it look too complicated.

Left to do:
* EEPROM configuration storage
* Few reporting formatting quirks to cleanup
* remove debugging stuff

* create PC board for schematic suitable for mfgr (though this is pretty
easy
to wirewrap)

* create a Java API for the protocol
* create a Java GUI app to test sensors