Re: Skylink Problem

Thanks Martyn and my apologies to everyone else who responded to this
post in my late reply! For some reason not all posts are being
forwarded to me via e-mail. Very strange.

In this instance, it is very much the second case (ie, similar to the
sony TV problem). So I will try the attenuator.

Thanks very much for your help

Nigel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Martyn Wendon" <martynwendon@...>
wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
> I've had this before in a couple of different ways.
>
> Some equipment seems to prevent the voltage from "passing"
i.e. if
you loop
> the RF cable through a VCR then you might find that the skylink
won't work
> on the output side of the VCR.
>
> I've also had several Sony TV's that stop the skylink working as
soon as you
> plug it in (light goes out).  I've not found a technical explanation
for why
> though.
>
> For the first case there's some sort of pass-through cable that you
can
> connect before and after the equipment that allows the voltage to
"go
> round", although I can't remember where I've seen them.
>
> The second case I've managed to overcome by fitting an in-line
attenuator
> between the skylink and the TV.  A low value one of say 3db
shouldn't effect
> the TV picture much, although if you're using Freeview and in a
marginal
> signal area it may do.  Don't ask me why it works though!
>

> Cheers,
>

> Martyn

TV
> > then the light comes on the skylink, as soon as I reconnect to
TV, the

All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html