From: rb_ziggy<mailto:richard.boreham@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx<mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: 11 July 2006 22:42
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: kx drivers & sound card recommendations

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx<mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx>, "Paul
Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Shouldn't you get 4 x stereo channels from each of these cards? Or
are they really only 5.1?

That's a very good question. There are definately only 3 analog
line out plugs on the card and with the KX driver you get 3 stereo
pairs.

But the card says it is 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1. The instructions show
that for 7.1 you need a special cable and that:

- Line 1 Out does front right and left
- Line 2 Out does rear right, rear right AND side right
- Line 3 Out does centre, sub AND side left

As each plug seems to be a regular stereo 3.5mm plug, I dont know
how the side channels work!

However it does 7.1 I'm pretty sure you only get 3 stereo with KX
(I've not heard anyone say they get 4).

Regards

Richard