RE: [ukha_d] Re: ARRGHH I thought this was suposed to be simple!

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: ARRGHH I thought this was suposed to be simple!
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:10:52 +0100

I *think* they've stopped you being able to do that on the newer 1.6
boxes..
The softmod using the AutoInstallerDeluxe seems a safer bet (and does
not require opening the case at all) as it backs up the BIOS and
Dashboard before doing anything and they can be easily restored to
non-modded status by running a command from the installer menu. You can
also still use it on LIVE because it can boot up from the unmodded files
(without removing the hack) so its not modded .. of course you still
need an original disc to play Live games, it doesn't work with copies
when not in modded mode.

Marcus