RE: Re: Recommendations for a graphics card with RGB or s-video out?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Recommendations for a graphics card with RGB or s-video out?
  • From: "Phil White" <philwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:06:05 +0100

Pete,

Watch out for the following couple of issues that caused me days of grief
when setting up MCE:

1/         Dell PC + Terratec Cinergy 2400 Dual Digital TV tuner not
compatible, and neither vendor interested in investigating.  When booting
the PC reports NMI parity error 3 times then continues OK in one PCIe slot,
or HALTs in the other PCIe slot.  The card doesn't hold onto a signal well
either (comparing with an old ITV digital box), though a bit has fallen off
our aerial this winter.  You might guess that the slot it almost works in
is
immediately on top of the GFX card's fan, totally spoiling the airflow and
increasing noise.

2/         Connecting PC (a Dell 9150 with GeForce 7900GS) via
S-video->SCART to a 32" Hitachi widescreen CRT display gave a fair
picture
apart from with MCE fullscreen, when it goes black.  The
"resolution" is to
tell MCE the connection is NOT s-video, i.e. tell MCE's setup wizard you're
using composite.

Phil