RE: Re: iTunes protected content as only source

  • Subject: RE: Re: iTunes protected content as only source
  • From: <rich_lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:04:07 +1200

The madonna disc suffers from extreme clipping on the disc.

Its hardly a reference sample, but I did find a site that detailed how well
different DACs handled playing back levels in excess of 0dB, and if I
recall
right, the PC soundcard they used was one of the better performers.

If you have 16 bit audio like a CD that has portions that exceed 0dB, and
sample rate convert it at 16 bit, those parts will get clipped furthur,
which is prob what was happening with playback on the PC if it was a 48kHz
soundcard.

best thing to do with confessions on a dancefloor is to find the guy that
mixed it and chop off his hand so he cant do any more work.

_____