Cutting square holes in wood for back boxes etc ...

  • Subject: Cutting square holes in wood for back boxes etc ...
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 13:57:37 +0100

   Is there a tool available to aid in cutting square holes in wood eg
skirting boards to mount backboxes for sockets ?  I know there is one
for masonry which I assume uses a brute force impact type approach ?  A
jigsaw is likely to be not an option as the skirting is on the surface
of the masonry behind in places.

Also what are the regulations nowadays re this , and is it the same
for upstairs and downstairs rooms ?    I have existing ring mains
sockets in the skirting (old property) and just want to mount a few
extra 2A lamp sockets there too.

Kevin