Re: Ripping to flac

  • Subject: Re: Ripping to flac
  • From: "Andy Davies" <dajdavies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:53:34 -0000

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't make any difference...

Dunno why but EAC still won't recognise there's an audio cd in the
drive so I went for CDEX instead (latest beta includes flac codec)

Mighty impressed with the SqueezeBox and perhaps best of all SWMBO is
too!

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@...>
wrote:

> I was having difficulty with EAC accessing my CD-Rom drives as
well, but
> the newest version seems to have fixed it.
>
> The directions I followed:
> Install EAC
> Install Flac (and the front end, if so desired)
> in EAC, on the compression tab, set it to "User Defined
encoder",
with
> .FLAC as the extension, at 320K.
>
> In the command line options, use:
> -o %d -8 -V -T TITLE="%t" -T ARTIST="%a" -T
ALBUM="%g" -T
TRACKNUMBER=%n
> -T GENRE="%m" -T DATE="%y" %s
>
> To get proper tags from the EAC interface into your FLAC files.
>
> HTH,
>

> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.

Behalf