Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

Photos/Review - Heating Control with an X10 AWM2 MicroModule

  • Subject: Photos/Review - Heating Control with an X10 AWM2 MicroModule
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:13:13 -0000

Submission by Steve Edwards

I recently changed my central heating boiler and took the time to set it up
to be controlled by X10 via homevision, for local control I had a X10 Maxi
controller in the kitchen.

This worked fine but during our kitchen refit I decided I needed something
bit neater than the maxi controller.

As well as buttons to control the heating I also wanted a visual indication
of the current state of the heating, I've used clipsal faceplates, their
modular design allows for a lot of flexibility. An AWM2 appliance module
was
used to convert the switch to X10.

The AWM2 is an X10 micromodule and so fits behind the switch, the only
things required are a deep back box and a power supply. I fitted it next to
an existing power outlet so that I could get power to it easily...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1652.html

M.