Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Extending USB over Cat5

Re: Sky Digital + Loftbox

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Smith" <dean@e...> wrote:

> Over the last few weeks we've been losing our sky signal on various
> channels, so we get the "no satellite signal being recieved"
message
> but it comes and goes. Sometimes all the channels are fine,
> sometimes we're losing virtually everything. Looking on the signal
> strength page, When the signal's there its fine i.e. about 75%, or
> there's nothing and we dont even get the "locked" message.
It
> doesn't vary in strength, its all or nothing. It's been
> getting steadily worse to the point where we could only get BBC1/2
> (and Paramount1!) No ITV, CH4 or Sky1 etc.

I've experienced something similiar off and on the past month or so -
I lose some channels (on same Mux) and others are fine or I lose
most/all channels. I don't have a cable amp, the box is just wired
straight to the LNB, I'm assuming the LNB's getting water in (though
its happened on dry days) or else the cold is affecting it.

The thing is when I lose some channels completely if I check the
signal strength it shows up still as 60-70% even with the problem...