Sky Digital + Loftbox

  • Subject: Sky Digital + Loftbox
  • From: "Dean Smith" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:19:12 -0000

My loftbox has been installed for coming upto 4 years. Its the old style
(i.e. Metal Body with integrated transformer). I do use it to multliplex
the
satellite, UHF and VHF to the lounge.

Over the last few weeks we've been losing our sky signal on various
channels, so we get the "no satellite signal being recieved"
message but it
comes and goes. Sometimes all the channels are fine, sometimes we're losing
virtually everything. Looking on the signal strength page, When the
signal's
there its fine i.e. about 75%, or there's nothing and we dont even get the
"locked" message. It doesn't vary in strength, its all or
nothing. It's been
getting steadily worse to the point where we could only get BBC1/2 (and
Paramount1!) No ITV, CH4 or Sky1 etc.

Checked the LNB connection today (Suspected water etc had got into that
cable) but its fine. I've now bypassed the loftbox  for the sat feed (i.e.
directly connected LNB cable to the lounge fee) and it all now seems fine
and all the channels are back perfectly. I need to leave it a few days to
be
absolutely sure but it looks like it might therefore be the loftbox.

Has anyone had issues with a loftbox causing similair symptons ? or failing
after a few years ?

Thanks
Dean