Re: pda control

  • Subject: Re: pda control
  • From: Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:05:02 +0000

Not so daft - if you set up an intranet with suitable pages you can
control everything via a wireless PDA or laptop (for example, xPL
includes the ability to send messages from a web page).  The real
obstacle to this approach is the lack of a decent wireless touchscreen -
a PDA is too small, and a tablet PC takes too long to boot or come out
of hibernation.  What is really needed is a wireless web tablet along
the lines of the Nokia 770 - except with an 8" instead of 4"
screen.

Mal

Chris Hunter wrote:

>'wondered if anyone's using their PDA as a remote control for their
>computer & entertainment systems - I'm thinking of having all the
lights
>computer-controlled with no manual switches, with (since everyone
>carries one these days) local control via messages sent from PDAs via
IR