Re: Temperature / Humidity Sensing

Stuart Poulton wrote:
> More news soon.
> E-mail me offlist if you'd like any further info.

Looks neat. This is just for terminating/chaining the 1-wire devices,
right? (ie you still need something to convert 1-wire to RS-232 or
whatever to use them)

What pin mapping did you use for the RJ45s connections?

I've just gotten around to using one of Justin's TOM10 boards. So far I
only have a couple of sensors wired up. I searched for some sort of
standard but couldn't find anything definitive. In the end I went with
the consensus (on a sample of 1 I think!) of using:

Vdd: White/Orange - pin 1 (T568B)
Dq:   Blue - pin 4
Gnd: White/Blue - pin 5

Would be interested to hear any further news. I can see I'm going to
want more than 10 sensors already, and soldering a load of TO-92s to
cat5 is not my idea of fun... :-)

Jim

Ps. Just had a thought - any mileage in the mkII (;-) version having a
option to switch the RJ45 sockets for IDC punchdowns?