RE: Re: Network Sockets for in floor installation (Metal and spring covered please!!

  • Subject: RE: Re: Network Sockets for in floor installation (Metal and spring covered please!!
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:25:25 -0000

Noel,

It sounds like you might be better off with a wireless solution if you
really can't dig out the floor for a "proper" box. If you've got
source for power, then you can run a wireless device directly, or an
access point with switch, or one of the integrated wireless routers with
4-port switch. What sort of data rates do you need?

If you find no other source, TLC do the larger floor boxes, e.g.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Cavity
_Floor_Boxes/index.html

It might seem a silly question, but what is going inside the aircraft
hanger? Aircraft? Do you have the option of overhead wires?

HTH,

Tim.