Re: [OT] Freeview PVRs

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Freeview PVRs
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 13:25:34 -0000

No worries,
no its not ugly, no worries there, the simplicity makes it looks good,
no buttons just a nice little IR window. its a touch big but looks
fine under the tv in a nice unit or something, smaller than most 1st
gen media centres anyway!!

yes only thomson that made them in the UK

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Family Berry" <familyberry@t...>
wrote:

> Noel,
> Thanks for your response.
>
> From the pictures I've seen of the Tivo I got the impression that it
was
> quite bulky and ugly looking. Looks like something made from
Radiospares or
> Maplin bits and pieces! Leads me to think that it's really meant to
sit in a
> HA rack well out of sight. This could be a major issue with SWMBO :-(
> Was it only Thomson who made them?
>
> Stewart

Behalf Of
> noel_pilot
> Sent: 04 January 2006 09:41
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Freeview PVRs
>
> tivo will only work as a very dumb terminal without the
subscription, i.e.
> you will only have standard VCR style time and date recordings, no
EPG, no

<familyberry@t...> wrote:

> > Phil,
> > Thanks, that's what I thought.
> >
> > So, as I do have a sky box (Freeview is not an option yet where I
> live) , I
> > guess I have to go down the Tivo route, which I understand will
> allow me to
> > record both analogue and digital transmissions.
> > What size is the Tivo, as I have very limited space where it
needs
> to sit
> > (in a cabinet under my TV)?
> > Also, can the Tivo work ok without the monthly/lifetime
subscription?