Re: SWMBO caught me off guard!

  • Subject: Re: SWMBO caught me off guard!
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:49:03 -0000

Hi Wayne,

you didn't say how big or how much.....

I just bought a 32" Acer LCD Panel from Misco - £775 delivered
(cheaper
now - Drat!)
I'm delighted - Great quality - has all you asked for, DVI, VGA 2xScart,
Component and SVideo , Composite & 2 Analog tuners. Worth a look.
The Sharp Aquos ( think that spelling is correct has just come down in
price
and worth a look - very similar spec (slightly slower resonse IIRC, but all
the same connectors) and appears to be +£100 on the Acer

I didn't fancy Plasma because of the reflective glass front panel and the
fragility (although this may just be my perception).  I also didn't want
anything too huge (SWMBO didn't I mean) -

One thing to bear in mind is that the extra speakers from the Acer fit to
the sides of the panel - effectively widening it by a couple of inches per
side, so there is nothing to pick in width to a 40" panel with no side
speakers - an arguement that arrived too late for me.
See what I mean here www dot timfletcher dot com/lcd.jpg

Misco have quite a selection

No affiliation connection - except they cut the price after I bought mine
:(

HTH

Tim.