Re: [OT] Video DVD Editing

I use Premier Pro which is expensive for what it is. However looked at
Elements when my Father was looking for a video Editing Suite recently and
was impressed, for the price. I was able to get it up and started and using
it in 15mins, but it is similar to Pro.

My Father found the interface difficult, it has the concept of multiple
windows which if you are not careful need moving or re-sizing. With minimal
assistance he was able to start producing reasonably quickly though, less
than a day.

You can download a  trial version from Adobe's web site and they also have
=
good support forum, which is invaluable.

I noticed that PC World had the latest PE ver 2 with Photoshop element V4
bundled and on offer at =A369 (Staines) which looked good value.

My Father opted to go with Pinnacle MediaStudio 10 (he was familiar with
Studio 9 as he had an SE version pre-loaded on his PC) I am helping him
sor=
out installation and other issues as we speak.

Steve

On 03/01/06, aashram <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> get a mac and use imovie you will not look back :-)
>

> ________________________________

movie=
> and videos to PC and DVD (upgrading to each new version as it came
along)
> I've finally got to the end of my tether with the latest version.
It's
> just
> too slow and buggy and I'm looking to move away.  But to what?  I've
been
> looking at Sony's Vegas and Adobe's Premiere Elements.  Both look
> attractive
> on paper and have had good reviews.  PE sounds as if it would be the
> steeper
> learning curve tho'.
>
> Anyone use either of these and can comment on the performance of
> them.  I'm
> using an Intel P4 2.4GHz with 2 GB RAM which is well within the system
> spec
> of both but then it was supposed to be with Pinnacle too and that's
almos=