RE: Network video server for cameras

  • Subject: RE: Network video server for cameras
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:17:14 -0000

Ian,

Many thanks for the info

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Oliver [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 January 2006 15:10
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Network video server for cameras

In article
<90176089A75AB54592013B635D928E0501BD163B@xxxxxxx>,
David Ward wrote:
> Which box did you get, and what's the quality like?
> I ask because my mother-in-law is keen on getting one of these for her
> infants class

I bought from here -
http://birdcamerabox.co.uk/

I went for the special offer of a free combi feeder with each combi box
- this means that you can switch the camera lid between box and feeder.
http://birdcamerabox.co.uk/special-offers.asp#2

Note that ours has colour and audio - there is now some text on the site
saying the colour option doesn't have audio. This needs confirming, but
maybe your budget is maybe limited so b/w might be best.

The build quality of the boxes is *excellent*. Good design, materials
and construction.

The picture is very good as is the audio. But the supplied 12V psu
causes lots of hum. I'm using another, which is better, but am going to
add some better caps to the original (small box part way down the PSU
lead) and initial tests show that this will work well.

Now I just need to get the pictures onto the web ...

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire