Re: House Rewiring (Data and Power)

emi/ emc - electromagnetic interference / ... compatibility ..

we had dimmers & auto-switches which had fuses which blew every time a
bulb blew ... never again, threw them out five years ago ... maybe
things are more robust these days ... ?

separate conduits / trunking ought to be good ...

BRE do a good leaflet on earthing ... to avoid emi, etc ...

Avoiding X10 ought to be good, in every way !

And TV, too, I would say !

Chris

Andy Laurence wrote:

> Chris Hunter <mailto:cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How about failure strategies ... when something blows, will
> > everything go down with it ?   Lights & sockets ... .   And
how will
> > you deal with emi / emc ?
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Some points I'd clearly not considered.  I
don't
> know what happens if a light blows - I've never used any lighting
> automation.  As for EMI/EMC (what is EMC?), is it a problem for
people?
> CAT5 uses twisted pairs to reduce interference, which should be enough
> when coupled with not running it in the same trunking as the power.
I'm